Towards making world, a better place to live with the hope of having real democracy.
Reforestation and Watershed Management
- Purpose is to educate and activate people how reforestation will solve the problems of ‘Water table’ going deep and causing concentration of minerals especially ‘fluorine’ in drinking water. Educate people in Watershed management, to improve water table and stop soil erosion. This work constitutes approximately 25% of the group’s activities. Most of the work is planned to be accomplished by volunteer staff initially
- Educating people in this field will also stop mass migration to urban areas in search of livelihood. It is observed that most of the people are migrating due to failure of crops, on which they depend
- Rainwater harvesting and storage in a manner that vapor-transpiration losses are minimized
Education for Adults and Under-privileged
- Impart informal education for adult women and men who do not have any formal education and the ultimate goal is to attain full literacy and create a learned society. Care will be taken to educate and bring disadvantaged groups like women and under-privileged to this program. As part of this education people will be explained about basic health care and cleanliness. This work constitutes approximately 30% of the group’s activities.
Basic Health Services
- To provide First Aid
- Provide medical services and medicines at nominal rates
- Educate people in using alternative/traditional medicines
- Teaching basic health issues
Renewable energy sources
- Encourage usage of Solar power, Wind power
- Making renewable energy sources, tools equipment affordable
Whenever you are in doubt or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test: Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen and ask yourself if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him. Will he gain anything by it? Will it restore him to a control over his own life and destiny? In other words, will it lead to swaraj for the hungry and spiritually starving millions? Then you will find your doubts and your self melting away.
Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic walls;
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit; ...
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake